SONG OF THE WEEK- Big Sean ft. Kanye West, John Legend ''ONE MAN CAN CHANGE THE WORLD''

Do you think you can really change the world?.. well late Mrs Mildred V. Leonard thought so.
In case you don't know..or you are new here my name is Zeek and I'll be taking you round every week on something catchy on music/songs or something related or interesting.
I am a music lover and also a critic. Someone once sent me a song I had to delete. sometimes I don't even care who sings, once its bad, its bad. well don't get me wrong i'm not saying i'm a ''standard'' to be followed but that's me. I might not know so much on the basis of music theories as a study, but I sure know how it should sound. enough of feeling myself.....before you say i'm showing myself..(grins).
so this afternoon I heard this song on the radio while trying to study. it caught my attention. I quickly picked one or two lyrics put them together and i asked my friend, my friend, GOOGLE. On a lighter note now, google should satrt paying me o. im a stakeholder.
back to this song, i was caught by the soft undertone ballad. Yea, its a rap music,im also a fan. especially the one that does not involve any ''cuss''. The hook is really catchy as Big sean( opening), Kanye West(after verse 1), and John Legend(after 2nd verse) all did justice to the hook. The song aint noisy, cool and by itself made me inquisitive. i really wanna know what they were all talking about. So i downloaded and listened well. from the hook, you could get close to the full idea of what Big sean in particular, was really talking about. A good verse butresses the point of your chorus/hook.

he was constantly saying ''Grandma''. he lost his grandma(Big Sean) not too long before the release of the song; who was his greatest source of inspiration, and one of her quotes was ONE MAN CAN CHANGE THE WORLD.
The Grandma was a warrior, she served in the world war II, as a captain; as he said in those lyrics grandma told me, "If you write your name in stone You'll never get the white out.''But how am I supposed to say I'm tired''
If that girl from West Virginia came up in conditions that I couldn't survive?.''Went to war, came back alive top of that became a female black captain when being black, you had to extra-extra try'' In fact she was one of the first set of black Female Captains in those times. From verses 2 downwards he talked about his grandma(Mrs Mildred V. Leonard). well, Kanye West and John Legend did what they know how to do best; doing justice to those 'hooks'.
Big Sean said afterwards''So, right before she passed I wrote this song. A major part of the tone is about her .she never got the chance to hear it. It just an emotional thing''.

The lyrics is quite good. Just enjoy this song.
It's never easy to lose a loved one.....take it from me.

Please drop your comment below on this piece....
MY name is ZEEK


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

can we have it general?

SONG OF THE WEEK-HALLELUYAH(jonhnny Drille ft. Simi)