can we have it general?

Hello everyone,

I apologize for that short break I had. i had things going on; it was imperative i took it off.
So, down to today's business. This day's piece is a question and a bugging one at that. This is it...IS IT POSSIBLE A SONG HAVE A GENERAL ACCEPTANCE, LEAVING NOONE BEHIND?. I'll consider this piece a little rhetoric.
This question I had asked myself severally and seem to find no concrete answer so far especially from the few people I had consulted, the reason I had to publish this.
Considering the fact that there are many factors involved in Individual music/song selection. ranging from factors such as musical background of the individual; talking about the type of music the Individual was/had been exposed to especially at a very tender age. Genre is  another factor; some like it cool and ''R n B' like, some like it ''rocky''(like Rocky Balboa). state of Individuals mind at a point in time is another thing; to some people when they are down, they like it soft, while some likes it hard when the are elated; and some times vice versa.
Religious beliefs, Peers, Environment, Lyrical content, Individual musical preference, age etc are all important factors for one to choose a type of music to enjoy. the more difficult one for me is the one that deals with time, I don't think that can really be placed.
Knowing these factors, how can one have a general "blow" song that will be acceptable to all?.How can we reach a consensus?. Is it possible to have an all-encompassing song; bridging all these factors together?
I'll drop my pen(I wont drop keyboard)here.
Your views down here I would love, Your cue................ 


Comments

  1. Music to everyone means diverse things...for a song to fit in for all times, all moods is almost impossible cus music is relative to the individual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To my opinion there can never be an all encompassing song, music this days is best accepted based on the beats and the rhythm but to make it enduring; I. E for it to have an all time acceptance give it a sensible and deep meaning, truthful lyrics and there you have a general acceptance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. There cd be a general acceptance to a musical piece. I believe everyone has a level of love and sanity in them. When d lyrics of a song is sane, with Love and celebrating people generally, it cn be acceptd. Also, coupled with the lists above, when a song is not dehumanizing or devaluing women(as we see often in the industry), put together with lovely beats and tunes, I think it can be generally acceptable

      Delete
  3. Nice write up bro ...
    Your song doesn't need to have it all.
    You need to understand what Music is all about . It has an approach,it has a pattern,it has a spirit .
    Get the approach and the pattern right and
    Let people connect to that spirit of your song.
    Make them feel reality and geniuty in it .
    I feel that's all it entails.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, in my own opinion, it isn't possible to av a song appeal to all.. Humans are all different. At each point in time we all av different state of minds.. Therefore a song cannot appeal to everyone, it can for some set of pple passing thru some things, Bt not everyone at d same time

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SONG OF THE WEEK- Big Sean ft. Kanye West, John Legend ''ONE MAN CAN CHANGE THE WORLD''

SONG OF THE WEEK-HALLELUYAH(jonhnny Drille ft. Simi)